Now Hiring – Piano Instructors!
Foundation Music School is a non-profit community school of the arts committed to providing high quality arts opportunities to individuals of all ages, abilities, ethnicities and incomes. Established in March 2006, Foundation Music School currently offers a range of classes for students of all ages and abilities which nurture the love of music in a developmentally appropriate way.
Private teaching: We are currently seeking private piano instructors for approximately 10-20 hours per week for the Fall 2017 semester. Candidates should be available to teach primarily during after school hours with some earlier times also possible.
Compensation: Between $23-25 per hour, commensurate with education and experience. Teaching and coordinating hours are paid hourly.
Qualifications: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in music (piano pedagogy, piano performance, music education with piano emphasis) is required. Teaching experience at the beginner-early intermediate level is required, with experience leading group lessons desired. Our ideal candidate would be energetic, able to communicate clearly with parents, knowledgeable in multiple approaches to teaching piano, creative, organized and a team-player.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume, including three references, by June 26, 2017. Submissions can be sent via electronic or postal mail to:
Foundation Music School c/o Karen Parsell, 3663 S. College, Unit #13 Fort Collins, CO 80525
Foundation Music School is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Seeking highly-qualified violin instructors
An active member of the National Guild of Community Arts Education, Foundation Music School’s mission is to provide high-quality arts education to individuals of all ages, abilities, ethnicities and incomes. Established in 2006, Foundation Music School serves over 1,500 students through early childhood music and movement classes, group and private instrument lessons and music therapy services. To learn more about Foundation Music School please visit www.foundationmusicschool.org.
We are seeking experienced, highly qualified part-time piano and violin instructors.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in music
- Extensive experience teaching privately or in a music school
- Fun, exuberant personality
- Creativity and flexibility
- Commitment to high standards
- An ability and willingness to learn and teach by Foundation Music School’s standards
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to effectively work with people of all ages, backgrounds and positions
- Passion for teaching students at beginning and intermediate levels
- Experience teaching young children through adults
- Experience teaching both group and individual lessons
Compensation / benefits
- Hourly salary based on experience
Please submit resumes electronically to Karen Parsell at: Karen@foundationmusicschool.org